Will Managed IT Services Be Cost Effective In 2021? We know finding and changing Managed IT providers can be a difficult one, with a lot of unknowns related to prices and services. At White Knight IT, one of the first questions we invariably receive from potential customers are:
How much does a managed IT services plan cost and what does it cover?
There is no simple answer to this question. In this article, we will shed some light on this situation by looking at the various costs and services that come with outsourcing your IT department.
At White Knight IT, we have over 10 years of experience providing Managed IT Services and security solutions to businesses throughout the Jacksonville and St Augustine Florida area. We have a unique insight into industry-standard IT costs, that leads us to provide a very cost effective solution for your IT needs
What are “Managed IT Services”?
Most Small and Medium businesses do not have the resources to staff their own IT departments. At the same time, putting your entire business environment in the hands of a single employee with limited skills and old technology knowledge can put you in a tough situation.
Essentially a Managed IT Service Provider takes responsibility for your onsite and online environment. Instead of paying out-of-pocket for a break/fix service every time something goes wrong, a Managed IT Services Provider monitors your system comprehensively and deals with problems proactively.
Different offerings of services, support and software get supplied for a monthly fee, maximizing uptime and productivity while allowing you to focus on your core business goals. Not only does a Managed IT Services plan provide a comprehensive IT solution that mitigates risks of internal and external threats, but the flat monthly fees also make it easier to budget for IT-related costs.
However, every business has different needs, which is why there are different types of Managed IT Subscription plans on the market, usually with customization options to ensure an ideal fit for your organization.
What questions should you ask before hiring a managed service provider?
When it comes to Managed IT Support, one size does not fit all. The goal should not be to cram your organization into a glass slipper, but rather to find a managed services plan that makes the most sense for your business needs.
Here are some questions that every business owner should ask themselves before signing up for a managed IT services plan:
- How many people do you employ?
- Do you have dedicated IT personnel on staff?
- Does the business have an on-premises server and how much data is in use?
- Do you handle sensitive data or need to meet any regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., PCI, HIPAA or SOC)?
- Would you prefer to pay internal staff for mediocre unaccountable work or Managed IT Provider with many technicians ruled by SLA’s for a monthly amount?
The answers to these questions will help determine which type of managed IT subscription plans, if any, works best for your business.
You should also insist on transparency from any managed service provider that you consider. For example, here are some questions you should ask your potential managed service provider:
- Do they have a local office?
- Will they provide onsite and offsite support?
- Do they offer multiple types of plans with customization options, or is it one-size-fits-all?
- Did they outline your prices and services in full in a service level agreement?
- Do they provide 24/7 help desk support?
- Do they have a cyber security first mindset?
If you want reliable and affordable IT security and support for your Jacksonville And St Augustine Florida Area business, call White Knight IT at 904-667-4141.
What maintenance services get included in managed IT plans?
Of course, not every managed service provider run the same. For example, some providers may include unlimited help desk support while charging an hourly rate for onsite support.
Managed it plans tend to include these services:
- Managed workstations and servers
- System administration
- User and device administration
- Windows security patching
- Antivirus subscription and monitoring
- Around-the-clock server and network monitoring
- Data protection, including onsite and offsite backup
What other IT factors affect pricing?
In addition to everything listed above, some services may require an additional charge, even for businesses on a fully managed IT services plan. These include such services as:
- New hardware and software installations
- Work on a personal computing system
- Moving employees’ computers
- Reassigning computers to new or other employees
- Installation of network-enabled printers
- Upgrade or installation of major line-of-business applications
- Installation of new servers, networking devices and wireless access points
- Advanced endpoint and network security
- Annual security audits
How does the cost of outsourcing IT services compare to the cost of hiring an in-house “IT guy”?
Most small and medium-sized businesses cannot justify the cost of hiring an IT professional to maintain their network security and provide help desk support. Full-time IT professionals usually make $40,000 to $60,000 per year, with an additional 10 percent going toward payroll taxes and benefits.
By contrast, the average Managed IT Services plan costs less than $30,000 a year.
For that money, you get a fully staffed and trained IT department.
Additionally, when your business goes through a significant upgrade or inevitably stumbles upon an unsolvable problem, you will incur additional costs by contracting with an outside IT services provider.
In other words, subscribing to a managed IT services plan ultimately reduces out-of-pocket expenses, expands security and support and cuts out the middlemen.
What is involved in the initial setup process?
At White Knight IT, these are the first things we do when a new client signs up for one of our managed IT services plans:
- Install White Knight IT management software
- Install endpoint antivirus software
- Set up and configure data backup hardware
- Perform basic site assessment and needs analysis
- Perform information gathering and documentation
As the details provide Managed IT Services will continue to be cost effective even through 20201. Call White Knight IT at 904-667-441 to set up a complimentary Cyber Security Assessment . Whether you sign up for one of our managed IT services plans or not, we can answer your questions and help guide you.